Google
 

Sunday, September 13, 2009

LIFE is beautiful!

I have recently re-discovered hope and joy. I know it sounds emo; bear with me. It's been a crazy few months since the spring, and things were getting difficult to deal with. But I was dealing with them in my own head, without God, and it was not working. I have since let the guard down from my stubborn, stubborn heart. Here are a couple of quotes I am obsessed with currently:

"Have no fear of entrusting yourselves to Him! He will guide you, He will grant you the strength to follow Him every day and in every situation."
--- This is so very true. So often we are afraid to trust God, because we are afraid of the unknown, of where He might lead us. But why? As someone very wise once said to me, "God isn't there to deny you your dreams." He wants better for us than we could ever want for ourselves. Maybe He will lead me somewhere that I think is outside my comfort zone; but that's just it: HE is my comfort zone. And where He goes, I will follow. Because He gives me the strength.

"It is Jesus in fact that you seek when you dream of happiness, He is waiting for you when nothing else you find satisfies you; He is the beauty to which you are so attracted; it is He who provokes you with that thirst for fullness that will not let you settle for compromise; it is He who urges you to shed the masks of a false life; it is He who reads in your hearts your most genuine choices, the choices that others try to stifle. It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives, the will to follow an ideal, the refusal to allow yourselves to be grounded down by mediocrity, the courage to commit yourselves humbly and patiently to improving yourselves and society, making the world more human and more fraternal."

No comments: