Google
 

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

oops. again.

So, I think it's safe to say that blogging isn't my greatest talent... It's been awhile.

Updates on life:

- Turns out Rat Blagojevich IS a crook. Whadaya know? I can hardly believe it...an Illinois governor, corrupt?? I'm shocked, really... I also love sarcasm. However, not only was he corrupt, but he was DUMB and corrupt. Congratulations, Rod. Dumbest Criminal Ever. Thanks for making me proud of my state!

- Obama is president-elect. I really do honestly pray to God that I am entirely wrong about him and that he does some good for this country. Here's to hoping, right? In any case, he's the president now, come January. And I'll support him as such.

- Finals are over! 7 more semesters of college to go. I thought for sure that, best circumstances, I was looking at a D in history, but I ended up with a C! Not my greatest achievement, but considering 3/4 of the freshman class failed it, I'd say I'm almost flying high. Everything else came as predicted, and my GPA is more than enough to keep my scholarship, so I'm fairly pleased.

- My nose is pierced. I'll close it by the time I graduate, but it's fun while it lasts. I now have 7 holes in my head, which I consider a fantastic achievement.

- I'm home for Christmas. I love the familiarity of home, but I really do miss school. It's hard to live with people 24/7 and then leave them for an entire month. It's crazy that strangers can become family so quickly, as cliche as that sounds.

- IT'S FREEZING HERE. I'm used to the weather in Florida, which sounds conceited or something, but really it's true... when it gets down to 60 degrees, we start to layer our clothes and wear sweatshirts! The other day, it was -30 here... and I almost died. I seem to have forgotten what "Chicago winter" really means.

- I might be getting an amazing job this summer! I will hopefully, God-willing, get a job as a teacher in the Totus Tuus program for the archdiocese. Living like a missionary in a community setting, working with kids and teenagers, doing retreats: IT'S PERFECT! Please pray that I get the job.

- Recent discovery: Odwalla bars are delicious.

- HOPEFULLY I will not keep forgetting to update this. MERRY CHRISTMAS! And Happy New Year! May the birth of Christ bring you hope and blessings this season.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Meg I love your blog updates! Hehe isn't it funny that Illinois can't keep a clean government system going? I laughed when I heard. I do hope that Obama will be an adequate president as well. You can never know how people will react to pressure. Haha history is awful. I'm not looking forward to taking that class. I got a C in my welcome to college class; I think my teacher hates me >.<. Oooo piercings are fun. I don't have any extra holes in my head, but I think the people who do are pretty sweet. I know exactly what you mean about school. Every time I come home I feel like I'm away from where I belong. I've got works to do out in Omaha, ya know? Get over the cold Florida freak =P. I definitely don't know what an Odwalla bar is. Please introduce me to this fantastic discovery. Megan that sounds like the perfect thing for you. I hope that you get the job. You should, you deserve it. More updates please kthx

Zwvooski said...

hey hey! i just noticed your totus tuus thing! my cousin did that all last summer. you two should talk. she can tell you about all the times she was "sundaed." anyways, miss you, love you, we need to get together again pronto!!! much love!